- Société académique du Valais
We are very proud to announce that the Société académique du Valais awarded Ellinor Dunning its special 2018 “Citizen Science” academic prize for the Salons archéologiques project on November 9. She will present the project at their general meeting next spring. Congratulations to both project managers!
- Heritage for all
On the occasion of the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018, the Federal Office of Culture (FOC) organised a competition for ideas at the end of 2017. It aimed to gather ideas on communication, public awareness and the creation of new ways of accessing cultural heritage. It was organized through an online platform based on the notion of “collective intelligence”: everyone was able to comment, develop and evaluate the ideas presented. The aim of this phase was to reach and mobilize large segments of the population. The following themes have been chosen:
- Cultural heritage and storytelling
- From words to deeds
- Cultural heritage and socio-spatial development
- Living the cultural heritage
- Playful mediation of cultural heritage
Following the competition for ideas, the OFC set up a competition for projects on these themes. The selected projects will receive financial support from the Federal Office of Culture.
ArchaeoConcept alone or in collaboration with the New Biel Museum has proposed various projects:
- Sites of the month and the Swiss archaeological map
- “Salons archéologiques
- A journey into prehistoric pile-dwelling history: A scientific and media journey between the Seeland and Alpine Italy
- Linking sites – linking associations
The winners will be announced on December 20, 2018 in a press release. The projects will be presented at the same time on the www.patrimoinepourtous.ch platform and on the OFC website.